We Made It!
It is roughly 11:50 pm Saturday night. We are on our last leg of the trip home after a tiring week. The flight is very full! The kids insisted on sitting together... all 3 of them on one side of the aisle. Carie and I were just across the aisle and within reach after convincing the 6th passenger in our row that he really wouldn't want the aisle seat. :) They haven't slept a wink... not even a nod. But they all did fantastic, better than fantastic even. I cannot even believe how well they all traveled throughout the entire trip.
The boy asks continuously "are we landing?" I point out the noise/feeling of the landing gear emerging and told him that he would soon feel us landing. It wasn't long and we touched down.
As soon as we landed Spencer belted out "WE MADE IT!" He was excited but it could have easily been heard as relief. Yes indeed, we made it! We even landed on the early side. YAY! There were many highlights of our trip but flying was definitely a highlight for Spencer. I think he would have been excited to fly every day.
As a bonus, all of our checked luggage and car seats made it. Wish I could say that was the case on the way out. :) We collected our things, made our way to the van, loaded up and headed home arriving around 1:30 am. Spencer fell asleep on the way home. Ellie fell asleep shortly after climbing into bed. A bit later and Abby was out. Everyone slept in until about 11:00 which is unheard of... but we were operating on Pacific Time all week. Bedtime ought to prove interesting tonight!
The rest of the day was just lounging around the house relaxing and playing. Time to jump back into routine tomorrow! I wonder how long it will take us all to adjust.
The boy asks continuously "are we landing?" I point out the noise/feeling of the landing gear emerging and told him that he would soon feel us landing. It wasn't long and we touched down.
As soon as we landed Spencer belted out "WE MADE IT!" He was excited but it could have easily been heard as relief. Yes indeed, we made it! We even landed on the early side. YAY! There were many highlights of our trip but flying was definitely a highlight for Spencer. I think he would have been excited to fly every day.
As a bonus, all of our checked luggage and car seats made it. Wish I could say that was the case on the way out. :) We collected our things, made our way to the van, loaded up and headed home arriving around 1:30 am. Spencer fell asleep on the way home. Ellie fell asleep shortly after climbing into bed. A bit later and Abby was out. Everyone slept in until about 11:00 which is unheard of... but we were operating on Pacific Time all week. Bedtime ought to prove interesting tonight!
The rest of the day was just lounging around the house relaxing and playing. Time to jump back into routine tomorrow! I wonder how long it will take us all to adjust.



3 Comments:
HURRAY!! I can't wait to hear an update about all the fun (hopefully) you all had and to see pics! Missed you guys!
Glad it went well! Sounds like it was fun and how great that the kids loved flying and did well on the flights. Can't wait to hear more about your trip.
Yay, welcome back. Looking forward to all the new tales. :)
We're definitely due a trip ourselves, I think. They're overwhelmingly mentally, physically, and emotionally exhausting, I know, but for some reason, they're kind of like giving birth to me -- you just seem to block out the nausea and pain from the last time, which is really the only way you'll ever do it again. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home