Monday, February 09, 2009

Spencer-isms

We were at the zoo. We were in a restroom washing up. It was freezing outside.

Spencer: "My shirt is soakin wet!"
Me: "Excellent" (insert a small dose of sarcasm)
Spencer: "That isn't excellent!"


*****

Spencer wanted to help Carie. He found a pile of towels in our room that was ready to wash. He asked if he could throw them over the rail... towards the basement... in the direction of the washer.

Carie said sure, go for it!

Then he wanted to know if he could put the towels in the washer. Sure, it's open!

Carie told him to let her know when he was done and not to press any buttons until she got there.

So he's calling for Carie. She arrives to find that most of the towels have made it into the washer. She then notices that the soap dispenser is open and has soap in it.

Carie: Spencer, how much soap did you put into the dispenser?
Spencer: I didn't put any soap in!
Carie: Well it looks like there is a lot in here.
Spencer: It's not soap. I put sugar in.

Carie: Okay, much sugar did you put in?
Spencer: 2 scoops!
Easy enough, Carie easily removed some and asks him to close the washer door.
Spencer: But you didn't put any oil in!

*****

While I love that he wants to be in Church with us more...

I hope too many people didn't hear him belt out "this is boring" in the middle of the Sermon. And he was paying attention. Every now and again he'd say to me "she said xyz".

Also gotta love the "is it over" and "are we done yet" later in service.

Thankfully the couple behind us thought he was hilarious.

*****


Carie and Spencer returned a movie rental.

Spencer asked if she exchanged the movie. It happened to be the 2nd (bad) disc of the same movie. Carie explained that she didn't exchange it because we won't be able to watch it before our trip.

Spencer then asked "if we could come back and rent it again after we rode on a plane and were super quiet and didn't bother anyone."

So I guess he was listening when we talked about how we would be on a plane for a long time, in a small space, how it will be important for us to sit still, and how we needed to use our quiet voices.

He is the only one I'm at all worried about. This is going to be a long flight! I think Abby & Ellie will do wonderfully... I think!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Shannon said...

Hilarious stories. I needed a chuckle today. Thanks Spencer! He will be fine on the trip, I bet.

11:11 AM, February 10, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home