Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Super Star

Today is a day filled with Super Stars.

First and foremost it is Inauguration Day... a day we've been very much looking forward to. And what an awesome day it is. This is such an exciting time in history and I'm so glad that we are able to witness it. We believe that our 44th President is a Super Star!

I can't help but reflect on the times and our experiences when Abby & Ellie were conceived. It was mere days after 9-11. Those memories are so vivid. Their 6 1/2 years of life have been lived in the era of 9-11 and the war. I'm so glad that they are of an age to be able to form memories around this election and inauguration. While this is the 2nd election and inauguration for them, it is likely the first that they'll remember. They were far too young 4 years ago to have any recollection of that experience. Not to mention the fact that it had such a different tone about it. Today is a glorious day, a monumental day. For Spencer, this is his first ever experience. He may be too young to remember but I pray that the next 4 years will be phenomenal and we can repeat this all again 4 years from now. I have hopes for our future.

Today we also have a "Super Star" in our house. Of course we think our kids are always super stars, but this week happens to also be Abby's special week at school. Given their day off for MLK Jr day yesterday, her Super Star week began today. She thinks it is pretty cool that she gets to be a "Super Star" on Inauguration Day.

When they got home Carie checked in with her to see how her day was.

Carie: "Abby, how was your first day as Super Star?"
Abby: "It was quite nice, actually."

I can't wait to find out about their day!

We had planned on having a little party at home tonight to celebrate today. That is until we realized that school had planned a skating party for tonight. While I'm sure the skating party will be fun and all, I'd really love to hang out at home with the family and soak in the events of the day. The kids feel quite differently about the priorities of the evening, so roller skating it is. It looks like we'll extend our inauguration coverage and celebrations into another day!

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Shannon said...

It's an exciting time for sure and it's wonderful that your kids are old enough to remember it.

Yay for Abby being a Super Star!

7:05 AM, January 21, 2009  
Blogger K J and the kids said...

You have a beautiful family.

Thanks for your words of encouragement.

9:10 PM, January 22, 2009  
Blogger gabrielle said...

congrats on your small superstar and we on the other side of the world have high hopes for the big superstar too

4:30 AM, January 23, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home