Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Heartwarming

So every day I get this e-mail from a big toy retail chain with "Deals of the day coupons". I often look to see what the deals are, just out of curiosity. After all, we are done shopping. Right?

So today, many hours after receiving the e-mail, I finally get around to opening it and I notice something of interest being offered at 50% off... today only... in store only. It isn't a high ticket item, especially at the discounted price. I call Carie and we decide that we'd go ahead and see if we could get it. She kindly calls the store down the street from where I work to see if it is even worth my trip. She finds out that they have 3 left. It's close enough to the lunch hour so I head out in an attempt to avoid the heavy lunch hour traffic and hope to get one of the remaining three.

The trip was a success in more ways than one!

As I'm checking out I noticed another woman with a couple young to middle aged kids. She's looking over the selection so I approach her and offer her a coupon. I happened to accidentally have 2 coupons and I could only use one. I don't know that she really even knew what the coupon was for or what the value was. I did point in the direction of the product and mentioned that there was just one left. But she was genuinely ecstatic. She thanked me over and over, wished me a Merry Christmas, and gave me a huge hug.


It was as if I made her Christmas more doable. I was so glad I was in the right place at the right time to help.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Holly said...

Great story! I get the same "deals of the day" emails and am waiting for something in particular that they will probably not discount. oh well.

I like the coupon story. Lois had a bunch of B.O.G.O. free coupons for mayo a few weeks ago that were expiring. She stood in front of the mayo display and was handing them out to very grateful shoppers.

2:32 PM, December 23, 2008  
Blogger Holly said...

Have a wonderful holiday!

2:32 PM, December 23, 2008  
Blogger Tanya said...

I have had some issues with said chain! First time I didn't think to call and when I got there they told me they didn't even have the item when the sale began?!? Second time it was only on certain peices of legos (not the ones I wanted) Then R went on the way to work and was lucky enough to get said item but without the "free gift" after waiting for 45min. Hey at least we got something right :)

5:07 PM, December 23, 2008  
Blogger Carie said...

testing 1 2 3

11:02 AM, January 16, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home