Christmas Shopping... Check
As if it were a race, we've crossed that virtual finish line. This past Friday night we wrapped up the last few loose ends with our Christmas shopping!
We are done! We are done no thanks to my brother and SIL who finally sent my nieces wish list. It only took a week to get it! It would be one thing if the list didn't already exist. I totally understand that not everyone is on the pace we are on! Totally understand! And if you aren't, that is fine! I'm really in no hurry and I can wait. I can't stand it when people ask for a list and then hound you for it like their life depended on it. But the list already existed. My SIL sent my other brother the list via e-mail a day prior to us even requesting it. Evidently hitting forward on an existing e-mail was too much. Most of all... unfortunately, I wasn't surprised.
Not only are we done with shopping, but everything is wrapped! We even managed to complete shopping for ourselves from my Grandmother. A task that was lowest on my shopping priority list.
And now a bonus of having the presents all around the tree is getting to hear every.single.day "can we open presents yet?" The boy is obsessed with presents! He's figured out who each present goes to. We even have some other random presents added to the pile, just because he loves to play the "present game". Would anyone enjoy a Frisbee this Christmas?? I know where you can find one. Wrapped even.
And we were naughty. We told them that Santa could take away presents just as easily as he could leave additional presents. With big eyes... "Really?"
So how does it feel? Weird!
I'm not sure it will really sink in until we aren't racing about to get gifts ready. I'm sure our focus will shift to other areas of preparation!
This past weekend we spent more time putting up decorations. As a result, the outside of our house is decorated more than it ever has been on any given year. The kids are enjoying it!
And while the kids have been counting down on their advent calendars, I'm just now realizing that Christmas Eve is just 2 weeks away.
We can't sit around eating bon bon's for too long. Soon enough we ought to start thinking about menus, what we'll take to our celebrations away from home, what we'll have for the celebrations we'll host, etc...
We are done! We are done no thanks to my brother and SIL who finally sent my nieces wish list. It only took a week to get it! It would be one thing if the list didn't already exist. I totally understand that not everyone is on the pace we are on! Totally understand! And if you aren't, that is fine! I'm really in no hurry and I can wait. I can't stand it when people ask for a list and then hound you for it like their life depended on it. But the list already existed. My SIL sent my other brother the list via e-mail a day prior to us even requesting it. Evidently hitting forward on an existing e-mail was too much. Most of all... unfortunately, I wasn't surprised.
Not only are we done with shopping, but everything is wrapped! We even managed to complete shopping for ourselves from my Grandmother. A task that was lowest on my shopping priority list.
And now a bonus of having the presents all around the tree is getting to hear every.single.day "can we open presents yet?" The boy is obsessed with presents! He's figured out who each present goes to. We even have some other random presents added to the pile, just because he loves to play the "present game". Would anyone enjoy a Frisbee this Christmas?? I know where you can find one. Wrapped even.
And we were naughty. We told them that Santa could take away presents just as easily as he could leave additional presents. With big eyes... "Really?"
So how does it feel? Weird!
I'm not sure it will really sink in until we aren't racing about to get gifts ready. I'm sure our focus will shift to other areas of preparation!
This past weekend we spent more time putting up decorations. As a result, the outside of our house is decorated more than it ever has been on any given year. The kids are enjoying it!
And while the kids have been counting down on their advent calendars, I'm just now realizing that Christmas Eve is just 2 weeks away.
We can't sit around eating bon bon's for too long. Soon enough we ought to start thinking about menus, what we'll take to our celebrations away from home, what we'll have for the celebrations we'll host, etc...
Labels: Christmas



3 Comments:
Wow, what to do with all that free time. I still have a little to do but so far I'm not too stressed. I really need to figure out my crazy cookies for this year. Hey I should open a store with that name! Oh and I would love to see decoration pictures :) Especially outside.
I'm jealous.
That's great! We're almost done - never have we been this on-the-ball before. Feels good.
LOVE love love the pics. Beautiful!
Post a Comment
<< Home