Snow Day
Let the Winter Break begin!!!
Today was supposed to be the last day of school before a two week winter break. Mother Nature decided to drop some nasty weather on us and shortly after 9pm last night we got the call that school was cancelled for today. It was a good thing since we were just getting home from a friend's birthday party when we got the call. They were so excited that they stomped around in the snow a bit before coming inside for bed. It was so nice out (temp wise) that we couldn't hardly say no.
The kids are, of course, loving the snow day! It's not such a good deal for the older kids though. The last of their finals were scheduled for today. Now they'll have to finish them up after break.
The ice was so thick that I couldn't get my car door open this morning. And it seemed that the only way I was going to get the huge sheet of ice off my car was to melt it from the inside. I noticed that the neighbor across the street had gotten their car moved so I attempted my passenger door and finally got in.
After running the car for nearly an hour it was still covered with at least an inch of ice. It was a disappointing sight! I started chipping away at it and finally got to a soft layer that allowed me to peel chunks off the car... as well as my scraper.
Then as I was on my way to grab some lunch this afternoon the huge sheet of ice on the hood of my car came off in one chunk and flew over the roof of the car. It was weird to have this large chunk of ice and snow suddenly flying towards the windshield!
At least the kids are able to go outside and stomp in the snow! Hopefully that will add some excitement to their day.
Today was supposed to be the last day of school before a two week winter break. Mother Nature decided to drop some nasty weather on us and shortly after 9pm last night we got the call that school was cancelled for today. It was a good thing since we were just getting home from a friend's birthday party when we got the call. They were so excited that they stomped around in the snow a bit before coming inside for bed. It was so nice out (temp wise) that we couldn't hardly say no.
The kids are, of course, loving the snow day! It's not such a good deal for the older kids though. The last of their finals were scheduled for today. Now they'll have to finish them up after break.
The ice was so thick that I couldn't get my car door open this morning. And it seemed that the only way I was going to get the huge sheet of ice off my car was to melt it from the inside. I noticed that the neighbor across the street had gotten their car moved so I attempted my passenger door and finally got in.
After running the car for nearly an hour it was still covered with at least an inch of ice. It was a disappointing sight! I started chipping away at it and finally got to a soft layer that allowed me to peel chunks off the car... as well as my scraper.
Then as I was on my way to grab some lunch this afternoon the huge sheet of ice on the hood of my car came off in one chunk and flew over the roof of the car. It was weird to have this large chunk of ice and snow suddenly flying towards the windshield!
At least the kids are able to go outside and stomp in the snow! Hopefully that will add some excitement to their day.
Labels: School, School Break, Weather, Winter



1 Comments:
I often complain about our weather because there are no seasons, but I think I'd rather have this then that. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home