Best Christmas Present Ever
Well... ever may be a little strong. But at this moment, this is grand.
So this afternoon I get an e-mail from Carie titled "By George... I think he's got it!" with a photo attached.
This chapter of the story all started last night. The boy is off doing his thing. We could hear all of them; we just didn't know specifically what they were doing. Then we hear some commotion and suddenly Spencer is racing downstairs all excited. Abby & Ellie are following and equally excited.
We have to come check it out.
He went poop in the potty. He was so proud of himself. Honestly, we all were quite happy! We've been trying to get over this hump for far too long. He is completely independent with the whole potty thing and has been for some time now. We just couldn't get him to care about where his poop ended up. Seriously, he could care less! He's had all these reasons why he didn't need to go, the most common being "the ants are still making it". Yeah, reason with that!
So, by the sounds (and looks) of it he's mastered it again today. I hesitate to say that this could be the start of a new trend. The last time I got my hopes up was months ago!
He was supposed to be in bed napping when Carie heard him calling for her. She went to check and there he was sitting on the toilet. Anything to delay the whole nap process! He was so excited and he wanted to save it so I could see it when I got home. So I got a photo instead. .
I could share the photo, but I don't think you really need to see the insides of my toilet! The cute boy wasn't even in the photo.
So this afternoon I get an e-mail from Carie titled "By George... I think he's got it!" with a photo attached.
This chapter of the story all started last night. The boy is off doing his thing. We could hear all of them; we just didn't know specifically what they were doing. Then we hear some commotion and suddenly Spencer is racing downstairs all excited. Abby & Ellie are following and equally excited.
We have to come check it out.
He went poop in the potty. He was so proud of himself. Honestly, we all were quite happy! We've been trying to get over this hump for far too long. He is completely independent with the whole potty thing and has been for some time now. We just couldn't get him to care about where his poop ended up. Seriously, he could care less! He's had all these reasons why he didn't need to go, the most common being "the ants are still making it". Yeah, reason with that!
So, by the sounds (and looks) of it he's mastered it again today. I hesitate to say that this could be the start of a new trend. The last time I got my hopes up was months ago!
He was supposed to be in bed napping when Carie heard him calling for her. She went to check and there he was sitting on the toilet. Anything to delay the whole nap process! He was so excited and he wanted to save it so I could see it when I got home. So I got a photo instead. .
I could share the photo, but I don't think you really need to see the insides of my toilet! The cute boy wasn't even in the photo.
Labels: The Boy



1 Comments:
That's exciting!!
Post a Comment
<< Home