Hippo's Influence
As I was leaving the girls' room tonight I noticed that the carpet in the hallway was a tad bit on the damp side. Nothing major, just a bit wet where it otherwise shouldn't be. That would be the carpeted hallway near the kids' bathroom.
Yeah, the kids had a bath this evening. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out how the water ended up that far out of the bathroom or who the culprit was. And yeah, there were towels on the floor... inside the bathroom... (hopefully) during the bath.
So I go to inquire the details from Carie. She somehow ended up with bath duty while I made dinner. We had just spent the afternoon at the pool.
Of course it was Spencer. Here's Carie's conversation with him.
Carie: Spencer - how'd all this water get on the floor?
Spencer: I didn't do it mommy!
Carie: Well, how'd the water get on the floor then?
Spencer: Look at me mommy. Holding up his hippo he says... Hippo did it. Hippo jumped in and made a big splash.
I can totally imagine him saying it. Gotta love it.
Yeah, the kids had a bath this evening. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out how the water ended up that far out of the bathroom or who the culprit was. And yeah, there were towels on the floor... inside the bathroom... (hopefully) during the bath.
So I go to inquire the details from Carie. She somehow ended up with bath duty while I made dinner. We had just spent the afternoon at the pool.
Of course it was Spencer. Here's Carie's conversation with him.
Carie: Spencer - how'd all this water get on the floor?
Spencer: I didn't do it mommy!
Carie: Well, how'd the water get on the floor then?
Spencer: Look at me mommy. Holding up his hippo he says... Hippo did it. Hippo jumped in and made a big splash.
I can totally imagine him saying it. Gotta love it.
Labels: The Boy



4 Comments:
Justus has gotten to into "blaming" others too. Justus don't hit (splash,etc) mommy with the (instert whatever item). J-Mommy it was George. Okay well no one is to..., thank you.
Ha ha ha. Kids are cute. Erik also blames things on other people. He still says "Nicky does that" when he does something wrong, even though Nicky was the kid at his old babysitters' house and Erik doesn't go there anymore. LOL. Apparently, he thinks if Nicky does it, it must be ok!
In our house it is "Crab". That crab loves to splash. He splashes all over the tub! He sits, SOAKING WET, on the edge of the tub and drips long streams of water over the edge. Crab LOVES to splash everywhere!! :)
I'm sure it was entirely hippo's fault and spencer was an innocent bystander
Post a Comment
<< Home