Can It Get Crazier?
I've got blog material to share; I just can't get to it. We've ventured out and experienced ice skating over a couple of weekends. It has been a fantastic experience! But of course the pictures still sit on the camera. The material still floats around in my brain. Life has to slow down a couple of notches to get to any of it.
Then if the recent weeks weren't crazy enough, this week has been especially over the top. We are hoping that things will sort themselves out by tomorrow. As if suddenly being down one vehicle (and shuffling transportation needs) wasn't enough, let's add missing the bus, Spencer coming to us saying "Momma, my ear hurts" (and resulting doctors visit), and a school planning meeting into the mix.
Today we are again without the car. This morning alone...
- The phone rings as Carie is getting Abby & Ellie up and dressed. It was a parent asking about club at school. Turns out it is the older kids today and our kids next week. No big deal, just one more thing.
- Ellie casually mentions that her ear hurts... but then moments later she says it didn't. Carie will check in with her at school this morning. There's potentially another Peds visit on our horizon.
-The grade school kids made the bus (the norm) but then the bus pulled back around (not at all the norm) and stopped at our house. Thankfully Carie noticed that it wasn't the trash truck! Beth got off and headed down the street towards her house. She always gets on and off at our house so I'm sure the bus driver thinks she lives there. Carie (in the -19+ degree temps) runs out after her... with no coat and no shoes! Of course Beth doesn't listen to Carie calling for her and continues to run all the way to her house! Turns out she forgot her lunch and somehow convinced the driver to come back around. Carie got her back on the bus and sent them on their way. There may have been a cold lunch inside her house but no one was home and Carie wasn't going in to get it. There will be a discussion about this later!
- And wouldn't you know it... Beth's lunch was in her backpack the whole time. Carie popped in to check on Beth when she was up at school. She was Abby's teacher last year and we have a great rapport with her. Unbelievable!
- There's been at least 1/2 a dozen calls with the repair folks at 2 different shops... making it now 3 shops (in 3 days) involved in this repair. But we've just learned that the repairs will be covered by one of the shops and the shop that the car is actually at will be doing the repair. This is a good thing. Not only will we not have to tow it again, but I trust these people to do it right. Oh, and while it's there... let's take care of some routine maintenance.
- Today is pre-school day for Spencer... which means transportation to and from.
- I needed a ride to work.
- Carie volunteers up at Abby & Ellie's school on Thursday's. She is at Spencer's pre-school on Tuesday's... the day the week went to heck.
- I've again rescheduled my (much needed) haircut... 2nd time this week.
- After we survive the crazy morning I'll take Carie and Spencer out to lunch... provided they pick me up. Then I'll get Carie home for the afternoon and hopefully she can stay put for a few hours.
This week has cemented the idea that we shall not sell our car. We've tossed around this idea in the past thinking that it may be possible for us to adjust to a one vehicle family. I'm sure it would be possible if necessary. But this week would have been so much more doable with a 2nd vehicle.
But things look promising. I'd love to have it all in the past and enjoy a great family weekend. A weekend where I’ve requested that we enjoy some time indoors where I can't crack my head against the ice! My neck would most certainly appreciate that!Labels: Family, Medical, Sanity Check, School, Winter



2 Comments:
Talk about a crazy day/week! Sorry to hear about the car troubles. We used to function on one car but found it impossible once Kim was finished mat leave, so I know what you mean about needing two cars.
I hope things settle down and you can get your hair cut!
OMG! What a hectic week! I thought mine was crazy, but it doesn't even come close!
What a beautiful family, so glad to have found your blog!
Also, I live in constant fear of a kid missing the bus.
Rachel (friend of Carie's from SAHMU group)
Post a Comment
<< Home