Proud Moms
We had another round of parent teacher conferences last night. Carie and I both like to attend sans kids so we tested out a new sitter option. After getting off to a rocky start (she forgot!), all was well. She is a bit younger than we typically go for sitters, but there is great potential there. The kids also know her quite well and they were stoked to hear that she was coming over to stay with them. We thought a couple of hours would be a great test!
I very much enjoy having their conferences scheduled back to back! But that also proves challenging as you shuffle from one teacher to the next while trying to shift those mental gears.
As usual we start off with any questions or concerns that we have and then move into reviewing the teacher’s assessment. While nothing shocking was revealed it is quite nice to have that dialogue with their teachers as we always pick up some background info on the tasks that they are doing.
We then popped in to meet and greet a 3rd teacher by recommendation of their regular teachers. This quick conversation got Abby & Ellie on her radar and provided some valuable information to us.
Then we took inventory of all the donated items for their Valentine's Day party that is tomorrow. Wow we have some generous 1st grade parents. Then we headed towards the door.
But of course we then run into the K teachers who are always great to chat with. They are so funny! Two of the teachers were there to start with and the first thing they asked was where was their frosting (and cookies). Soon after the third teacher came around the corner and asked... where’s the cookies? We had a great conversation and then finally hit the road.
I’m sure I’ve said this before and I’m sure I’ll say it again… I absolutely love our school. I am sad that we had a Principal change from last year to this year, but we knew that was coming. So far we’ve had nothing but a fantastic experience with the teachers and support staff.
After finally leaving school we went and grabbed a quick bite to eat, stopped by a store to see if we could find a magna doodle (you wouldn't believe how difficult this was!), and then headed home.
All was well on the home front. They ate, played, the house was still clean, they were in jammies, had brushed their teeth, had read books and were even in bed (not asleep). They weren't really supposed to be in bed yet as it was a bit too early for them. We’ll just have to be more specific on the instructions next time.
All in all… a great night!
I very much enjoy having their conferences scheduled back to back! But that also proves challenging as you shuffle from one teacher to the next while trying to shift those mental gears.
As usual we start off with any questions or concerns that we have and then move into reviewing the teacher’s assessment. While nothing shocking was revealed it is quite nice to have that dialogue with their teachers as we always pick up some background info on the tasks that they are doing.
We then popped in to meet and greet a 3rd teacher by recommendation of their regular teachers. This quick conversation got Abby & Ellie on her radar and provided some valuable information to us.
Then we took inventory of all the donated items for their Valentine's Day party that is tomorrow. Wow we have some generous 1st grade parents. Then we headed towards the door.
But of course we then run into the K teachers who are always great to chat with. They are so funny! Two of the teachers were there to start with and the first thing they asked was where was their frosting (and cookies). Soon after the third teacher came around the corner and asked... where’s the cookies? We had a great conversation and then finally hit the road.
I’m sure I’ve said this before and I’m sure I’ll say it again… I absolutely love our school. I am sad that we had a Principal change from last year to this year, but we knew that was coming. So far we’ve had nothing but a fantastic experience with the teachers and support staff.
After finally leaving school we went and grabbed a quick bite to eat, stopped by a store to see if we could find a magna doodle (you wouldn't believe how difficult this was!), and then headed home.
All was well on the home front. They ate, played, the house was still clean, they were in jammies, had brushed their teeth, had read books and were even in bed (not asleep). They weren't really supposed to be in bed yet as it was a bit too early for them. We’ll just have to be more specific on the instructions next time.
All in all… a great night!



1 Comments:
Sounds like a great night and hopefully the babysitter is going to work out.
Post a Comment
<< Home