Valentine's Day Party... First Grade Style
Being the 1st grade parent chairperson thingamawhatever... I (and by association Carie) got to be highly involved in their Valentine's Day party today. We were fortunate enough to arrange a playdate with Spencer and his neighbor friend. It was really good for him and fantastic for us.
We had a party planning meeting a few weeks ago and had a great parent turnout, lots of ideas, lots of help, and lots of donations. I was blown away by the donations! We have money to spend on the 2 parties we get to have. We didn't spend a dime of that allotted money! We are going to have a crazy awesome curriculum party come April!
But today's party for Valentine's Day rocked. The kids had so much fun. They didn't want to rotate to the next station... there were four stations total. They didn't want the party to end. One friend said "this is the best memory ever!" Awww! That was so sweet!
The parents, oh my gosh the parent help was incredible. The smiles on their faces and all the laughing was so so wonderful. The teachers seemed to have a great time... and the smiles on their faces when we took the leftovers to the teachers’ lounge were priceless! Gotta take care of those teachers!
On our way out we dropped off a container of cookies to the K teachers. Carie was hoping to make frosting but it just wasn't in the cards this week. They said that they heard our party was the best ever. LOL... the party hadn't ended but just 30 minutes ago! I'm like seriously... the party just got over! How is it already dubbed "the best ever" and how do you know about it already? Word travels fast!
As Carie and I were walking out to the van I said I think we just hosed ourselves. Where do you go from "best ever"?
Now onto Habitats! I have to say, I'm not all jazzed up about a Habitat party. I was hoping for Space! But the moon, the stars and the teaching schedule just didn't align. :)
We had a party planning meeting a few weeks ago and had a great parent turnout, lots of ideas, lots of help, and lots of donations. I was blown away by the donations! We have money to spend on the 2 parties we get to have. We didn't spend a dime of that allotted money! We are going to have a crazy awesome curriculum party come April!
But today's party for Valentine's Day rocked. The kids had so much fun. They didn't want to rotate to the next station... there were four stations total. They didn't want the party to end. One friend said "this is the best memory ever!" Awww! That was so sweet!
The parents, oh my gosh the parent help was incredible. The smiles on their faces and all the laughing was so so wonderful. The teachers seemed to have a great time... and the smiles on their faces when we took the leftovers to the teachers’ lounge were priceless! Gotta take care of those teachers!
On our way out we dropped off a container of cookies to the K teachers. Carie was hoping to make frosting but it just wasn't in the cards this week. They said that they heard our party was the best ever. LOL... the party hadn't ended but just 30 minutes ago! I'm like seriously... the party just got over! How is it already dubbed "the best ever" and how do you know about it already? Word travels fast!
As Carie and I were walking out to the van I said I think we just hosed ourselves. Where do you go from "best ever"?
Now onto Habitats! I have to say, I'm not all jazzed up about a Habitat party. I was hoping for Space! But the moon, the stars and the teaching schedule just didn't align. :)



1 Comments:
Sounds like a fantastic time! Good job. Glad the kids had fun. "Best memory ever" - that's too cute.
Post a Comment
<< Home