Speechless
"The entire span of the Interstate 35W bridge collapsed about 6:05 p.m. Wednesday where the freeway crosses the river near University Avenue."
"Emergency crews in Minneapolis are working on recovery and cleanup efforts at the scene of the Interstate 35W bridge that collapsed during rush hour Wednesday evening."
I am speechless. This could have easily been us. I know we took 35W and Carie thinks we crossed this bridge... just 5 days ago.
"Emergency crews in Minneapolis are working on recovery and cleanup efforts at the scene of the Interstate 35W bridge that collapsed during rush hour Wednesday evening."
I am speechless. This could have easily been us. I know we took 35W and Carie thinks we crossed this bridge... just 5 days ago.
Labels: Vacation



3 Comments:
I hear you, I stopped dead in my tracks when I heard this too and thought of you all.
I understand the reaction, but the only people meant to be on that bridge were. If you were meant to experience this, you would have. So no worries there.
But, it's still a sad situation. I feel quite bad for the engineers who are now going to be blamed for something that really wasn't known. Sometimes, we just get things wrong. And now we know more, and can adjust things accordingly, hopefully avoiding any other issues.
I was, and remain, completely shocked by the event. Completely.
Post a Comment
<< Home