The Boy - Month 25
Spencer Rylan,
You are determined, independent, boisterous, expressive, confident, assertive, funny, silly, precocious, handsome, and an amazing problem solver.
Last night my heart melted as I saw you run into the kitchen being all independent and grown up. I could see both the cuteness of the boy you are now and I imagined the boy you will become all in that split second.
You had decided that you needed to get more "green pop" (if only this were green pop!) because you drank the last of Mommies. No amount of convincing you otherwise was going to happen. We could see you open the refrigerator and imagined you examining the contents. All we could see was the very tip of your head over the countertop. I could see a can of pop near the front of a shelf just above your head, but clearly you were evaluating additional options. You decided you needed an additional snack and selected a 1/2 a bagel and then grabbed the tub of butter and brought it all to us. As you returned you walked so confidently and the huge grin on your face spoke to how proud you were. Then you returned to the kitchen for a table knife to pull it all together. You were so pleased with yourself! Thankfully we convinced you to spread the butter on the bagel instead of eating it straight off the knife. Not long after you returned to the refrigerator for that can of pop that you had originally went after. Mommy obliged and you enjoyed your bubbles and a few sips of her soda.
This morning I was just commenting on how amazed I am at your level of understanding and comprehension. Your understanding of multi step directions and consequences blows me away.
I would like to point out though that you don't have to talk as if the CAPS LOCK is on when you have something very important to say. And you often have very important things to say. I'll add that the !!! used at the end of every word would be considered overkill by most, but it does add a layer of cuteness (for now). Oh, and all the hand gestures really are hilarious but they totally distract from your message. You most certainly loose the effect of a few of those !!! in the process.
You are determined, independent, boisterous, expressive, confident, assertive, funny, silly, precocious, handsome, and an amazing problem solver.
Last night my heart melted as I saw you run into the kitchen being all independent and grown up. I could see both the cuteness of the boy you are now and I imagined the boy you will become all in that split second.
You had decided that you needed to get more "green pop" (if only this were green pop!) because you drank the last of Mommies. No amount of convincing you otherwise was going to happen. We could see you open the refrigerator and imagined you examining the contents. All we could see was the very tip of your head over the countertop. I could see a can of pop near the front of a shelf just above your head, but clearly you were evaluating additional options. You decided you needed an additional snack and selected a 1/2 a bagel and then grabbed the tub of butter and brought it all to us. As you returned you walked so confidently and the huge grin on your face spoke to how proud you were. Then you returned to the kitchen for a table knife to pull it all together. You were so pleased with yourself! Thankfully we convinced you to spread the butter on the bagel instead of eating it straight off the knife. Not long after you returned to the refrigerator for that can of pop that you had originally went after. Mommy obliged and you enjoyed your bubbles and a few sips of her soda.
This morning I was just commenting on how amazed I am at your level of understanding and comprehension. Your understanding of multi step directions and consequences blows me away.
I would like to point out though that you don't have to talk as if the CAPS LOCK is on when you have something very important to say. And you often have very important things to say. I'll add that the !!! used at the end of every word would be considered overkill by most, but it does add a layer of cuteness (for now). Oh, and all the hand gestures really are hilarious but they totally distract from your message. You most certainly loose the effect of a few of those !!! in the process.
Labels: The Boy



1 Comments:
Awwww...I can just picture him doing this with the fridge. Love the update! :)
Post a Comment
<< Home