Wednesday, November 08, 2006

November?

Is it really November? It sure feels like summer all over again.

The weather around here has been incredible this week. Early in the week it started out incredibly nice and kept getting better. By today it was supposed to be nearly 80 degrees. I almost considered suggesting that we send the girls to preschool in shorts, but it was still on the chilly side in the morning.

Today after preschool I took the girls to their dentist appointment. On our way home we had a great conversation about the weather. They were incredibly curious about this mystery weather. They wanted to know if it was still fall. They also wanted to know if they could go swimming! Even though the weather is trying to trick us, yes it is still fall and no we may not go swimming. Though, I know it would be fun! I reminded them that the outdoor (public) swimming pools were closed. Ellie informed me that our (inflatable) backyard swimming pool was also closed. Then we listed off all the other fun things they could do outside for the entire day.

Yes, it is still fall. Yes, winter is on the way.
But for now, soak up all the sunshine and fresh air you can!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Casey said...

The weather everywhere is really whacky this year. Glad you are able to enjoy some extra sun days before winter truly hits.

2:56 PM, November 09, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home