Momma, Mommy, or ???
Spencer's got Mommy & Momma down pat. He says them frequently and repeatedly. He makes his whishes known. Though lately... I've become both Mommy and Momma. We are in that lovely phase where the boy only wants me, me, and me. He does love his Mommy dearly, we all know he does. He really really does! Though it will be nice when he shows that love and affection equally.
Well, last night we were at the store getting groceries. Carie was a wee bit ahead of us and I call for her to ask her a question. Of course I use her name. What does the boy do? He calls for "Carie" also... repeatedly... throughout the rest of the store. And he thought he was the funniest boy ever.
While I found it so freakin hilarious and cute, I'm not entirely sure Mommy did. For me, the funny part of it was his reaction to it all.
Well, last night we were at the store getting groceries. Carie was a wee bit ahead of us and I call for her to ask her a question. Of course I use her name. What does the boy do? He calls for "Carie" also... repeatedly... throughout the rest of the store. And he thought he was the funniest boy ever.
While I found it so freakin hilarious and cute, I'm not entirely sure Mommy did. For me, the funny part of it was his reaction to it all.
Labels: The Boy



3 Comments:
LOL! Kelton started calling D by her first name about this age too. I think there is a certain power in the reaction they get. :) To date though - he often calls both of us by our first names. It's not enjoyed by either of us but the more we try to stop it, the more he does it so we've given up. He goes back and forth between mom, momma, mommy, C and D all the live long day. :)
Wow, Spencer is sure adding words to his vocab! How cool!!
It is so funny when the experiment with saying the parent's real first name. What always cracked me up was the voice intonation that went with it. When Rowan used to yell, "Jaaannniiiii" I was like "oh crud, is that how I sound when I'm calling for her?" Yup, probably!
LOL!! At that age Brendan wasn't calling me anything, I probably would have loved it if I heard Laura. I didn't get a Mommy until he was 22 months.
Post a Comment
<< Home