Friday, May 26, 2006

Last Day of School

We are sad to say that today is the last day of the girls first year of preschool. We are sad because they enjoyed it so much. It was a really great program, they made several new friends, and the teachers were excellent.

We think we have prepared the girls the best we can. We have been talking about the last day and what comes after that. We've been counting down to the last day. I know they have been talking about it in school too. We've been talking about summer coming next, then their birthdays, then more summer, then they get to go to their new preschool. We point out their new preschool any time we drive by. They are so excited about their new preschool.

They appear to be okay with it, we shall see what happens next week when the routine changes. For now they are on board.

As a thank you to the teachers, the girls picked out some flowers for each of their teachers.

They were quite adamant about which teacher received which color. They picked out each plant with much thought. Carie and I wrapped them up a bit and attached a little note of thanks. The girls handed out all their plants after school today. They had no problems remembering who got what plant, a good thing since neither Carie nor I could remember.

While the plant wasn't much, we wanted to extend a heartfelt thank you to them. I think it worked since tears were definitely being held back.



The note read:
You are the water
that helped me grow.
Water this plant and
you shall see
how full and vibrant
you helped me be.
Thank you for being
my teacher!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger em1__mak2 said...

I LOVE this. Having seen 30 years of "junk" from my mother's students, I think this was a great and very useful idea. As a future teacher myself, I know I would definitely appreciate both the plant and the true sentiment of the little poem. I'm not surprised by the tears. (And thanks!... I'm tucking this one away for future use with Milo's teachers.)

2:33 PM, May 28, 2006  
Blogger Laura said...

This is absolutely beautiful!!!! I may borrow that poem and idea for when Brendan leaves his preschool in August.

6:40 PM, May 29, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home