Pediodontist
If you are like me and didn't know what the official name of a Pediatric Dentist was, you now have your answer.
The girls had their 3rd visit yesterday afternoon and it went wonderfully!
Their appointment was at 4:30 and in less than 30 minutes they were thoroughly examined, cleaned, next appointment made, and all ready to go. Personally, I'm all about getting in and out of appointments like the dentist, haircuts, etc... I want them to do a great job, but I want it to be quick! I think it is cool that they can take care of both the girls at the same time, no taking turns. Even when Spencer starts going, it looks like we can have one appointment time. I can't tell you how excited I am about this!
While we have finally gotten into a pretty decent tooth brushing routine, I know both Carie and I were still worried. She didn't tell me and I didn't tell her, but I could tell. While I watched and waited I was anxious. I was hoping that they would both get the "everything looks great" report but feared the "we've got a cavity" news. The girls, they just laid back and watched PBS with headphones and sunglasses on.
My anxiety toned down a bit after I saw a very minimal amount of the purple stuff remaining on Ellie's teeth. The downside to both of them getting cleaned at the same time is that I didn't see how Abby's teeth looked after the purple stuff. They rub this purple stuff on the teeth with a q-tip, then they rinse it off, and whatever is left highlights any plaque on the teeth. It is pretty cool stuff! Even I, the non-dental expert can tell whether or not we are doing a good job brushing just by looking at the purple stuff. Maybe I should find out the official name of the purple stuff rather than continue to refer to it as the purple stuff. Next time!
Fortunately both girls were given great reports. Their teeth looked fantastic! Sparkly clean as the girls would say. Whew! They both got their picture taken for the no cavity club, which gives them a shot of winning a $100 gift certificate to Toys R Us.
As soon as we got into the car I called Carie and shared our great news. I could hear her huge sigh of relief.
They also each walked out with a bag-o-stuff from the dentist. One of the items in the bag was their new toothbrush. They were quite excited about getting new toothbrushes... to add to the 6 that are already in the toothbrush holder. Thankfully Spencer has only one. Pretty soon Carie and I will have to move our toothbrushes to a new location due to lack of room.
The girls were excited about their new brushes until it came time to brush their teeth. The toothbrushes were not the same and because of that we nearly had WWIII combined with intense Broadway drama in our bathroom. They both wanted the pink and purple one. The green and yellow one didn't cut it. So we make it through teeth brushing alive and get everyone into bed. I make a mental note to see if I can find these toothbrushes so we can avoid future nightly drama. I also wouldn't mind finding more of them to get us away from all the characters that have taken over the bathroom.
So today I make a quick visit to crest.com to find out the name of the toothbrush. I easily find what I am looking for, the Whale Kids' Toothbrush. The trick seems to be finding them available for the general population to purchase. So far it seems that I have to be a dental professional to get these things. Figures! Next time Momma shall remember to ask if I/we may select the toothbrushes.
The girls had their 3rd visit yesterday afternoon and it went wonderfully!
Their appointment was at 4:30 and in less than 30 minutes they were thoroughly examined, cleaned, next appointment made, and all ready to go. Personally, I'm all about getting in and out of appointments like the dentist, haircuts, etc... I want them to do a great job, but I want it to be quick! I think it is cool that they can take care of both the girls at the same time, no taking turns. Even when Spencer starts going, it looks like we can have one appointment time. I can't tell you how excited I am about this!
While we have finally gotten into a pretty decent tooth brushing routine, I know both Carie and I were still worried. She didn't tell me and I didn't tell her, but I could tell. While I watched and waited I was anxious. I was hoping that they would both get the "everything looks great" report but feared the "we've got a cavity" news. The girls, they just laid back and watched PBS with headphones and sunglasses on.
My anxiety toned down a bit after I saw a very minimal amount of the purple stuff remaining on Ellie's teeth. The downside to both of them getting cleaned at the same time is that I didn't see how Abby's teeth looked after the purple stuff. They rub this purple stuff on the teeth with a q-tip, then they rinse it off, and whatever is left highlights any plaque on the teeth. It is pretty cool stuff! Even I, the non-dental expert can tell whether or not we are doing a good job brushing just by looking at the purple stuff. Maybe I should find out the official name of the purple stuff rather than continue to refer to it as the purple stuff. Next time!
Fortunately both girls were given great reports. Their teeth looked fantastic! Sparkly clean as the girls would say. Whew! They both got their picture taken for the no cavity club, which gives them a shot of winning a $100 gift certificate to Toys R Us.
As soon as we got into the car I called Carie and shared our great news. I could hear her huge sigh of relief.
They also each walked out with a bag-o-stuff from the dentist. One of the items in the bag was their new toothbrush. They were quite excited about getting new toothbrushes... to add to the 6 that are already in the toothbrush holder. Thankfully Spencer has only one. Pretty soon Carie and I will have to move our toothbrushes to a new location due to lack of room.
The girls were excited about their new brushes until it came time to brush their teeth. The toothbrushes were not the same and because of that we nearly had WWIII combined with intense Broadway drama in our bathroom. They both wanted the pink and purple one. The green and yellow one didn't cut it. So we make it through teeth brushing alive and get everyone into bed. I make a mental note to see if I can find these toothbrushes so we can avoid future nightly drama. I also wouldn't mind finding more of them to get us away from all the characters that have taken over the bathroom.
So today I make a quick visit to crest.com to find out the name of the toothbrush. I easily find what I am looking for, the Whale Kids' Toothbrush. The trick seems to be finding them available for the general population to purchase. So far it seems that I have to be a dental professional to get these things. Figures! Next time Momma shall remember to ask if I/we may select the toothbrushes.



1 Comments:
Great check up!!!! Too bad we didn't get that sigh of relief at Sam's last appointment when he has to have a cavity filled.
Call the dentist, they will send you or be happy to have you swing by and pick up another toothbrush. That is the same toothbrush that Sam got from the dentist. I think his is green and black.
Post a Comment
<< Home