Rationale Of Young Minds
There have been several instances lately where the girls' just crack us up. Here's a peak into our insanity...
Yesterday morning I happened to notice a mark on a wall... a freshly painted wall.
Me: It looks like someone marked up the wall... is that ink?
Me: Abby, do you know how this mark got on the wall?
Abby: No
(pause)
Abby: I think Spencer did it!
Me: I don't think so
Me: Ellie, do you know how this ink got on the wall?
Ellie: No
(pause)
Ellie: I think Santa did it!
Me: Really? I'll have to have a talk with Santa!
Me: Then I enter lecture mode on why it is not okay and what we are to do instead... yadda yadda yadda. I'm certain that is exactly what they heard.
In the mean time I think we will have the both of them scrub the ink off the wall (since our new paint is actually scrubable) and reinforce the fact that we do not draw on the walls. Like that is doing any good.
Though it is possible that it wasn't them since B&B were at our house a couple of days recently. They could have been the offenders. But who really knows since I know our girls' are more than capable of doing this. Figuring out who actually did it isn't going to change the outcome... so we move on.
Yesterday morning I happened to notice a mark on a wall... a freshly painted wall.
Me: It looks like someone marked up the wall... is that ink?
Me: Abby, do you know how this mark got on the wall?
Abby: No
(pause)
Abby: I think Spencer did it!
Me: I don't think so
Me: Ellie, do you know how this ink got on the wall?
Ellie: No
(pause)
Ellie: I think Santa did it!
Me: Really? I'll have to have a talk with Santa!
Me: Then I enter lecture mode on why it is not okay and what we are to do instead... yadda yadda yadda. I'm certain that is exactly what they heard.
In the mean time I think we will have the both of them scrub the ink off the wall (since our new paint is actually scrubable) and reinforce the fact that we do not draw on the walls. Like that is doing any good.
Though it is possible that it wasn't them since B&B were at our house a couple of days recently. They could have been the offenders. But who really knows since I know our girls' are more than capable of doing this. Figuring out who actually did it isn't going to change the outcome... so we move on.



1 Comments:
Ah, even if they didn't do it, they can put the lesson 'in storage' for the next time they get tempted.
Post a Comment
<< Home