Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Farm Field Trip

The girls' and I went on yet another field trip with school today. We went to a farm.

The girls' had a blast, despite the awful weather conditions. It was cold and rainy. Oh, and the first half of our field trip was outdoors. I thought the experience was okay. When I heard we were going to a working farm I created some expectations that just couldn't be met. I've been to a farm before, many times actually. I've helped out on a farm before, nothing elaborate but still a farm experience.

This particular farm had some typical farm animals. Your everyday cows, pigs, horses, chickens, etc... Though other than the horses, the number of animals seemed to be sparse.


My favorite part was the indoor experience. Not only because we were then out of the elements but because we could get up close and personal with those animals. This is where I really become perplexed about the "working farm" aspect of the experience. The animals that we got to learn all sorts of cool facts about, get really close to, and touch aren't your typical "farm" animals. At least not where we live!

Many of them were dessert animals that you would find in Iran or Iraq. A more common animal, a particular breed of turtle, you may see in our neck of the woods but they are much more common in the south. The other turtle was a Russian turtle. They also got to learn about Chinchilla's, Ferret's, Iguana’s, Tree Frogs, Tarantulas, and a snake named Sunshine.


2 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Oh KOOL!!! What awesome pics...looks like the girls had a blast...such inquisition and curiosity in their eyes....M

1:41 PM, April 27, 2006  
Blogger Michelle said...

ok, so she's got a sweet thought...lol your "sand"box must be filled with graham cracker crumbs...yummm

1:42 PM, April 27, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home