Dopey...
... and I'm not referring to one of the seven dwarfs.
Last night Ellie was caught out of bed, again, and was found in the dining room. She was super sneaky quiet since we had thought they were actually asleep. Generally speaking this is Abby's area of perfection... up and down and stalling any which way she can. Ellie generally remains in bed, or at least her room.
So Carie discovers Ellie. Carie takes Ellie back up to her bed and discovers that the blinds were cranked open.
Ellie says, “Mommy, I saw Dopey playing outside”.
For some reason Ellie calls one of the neighbor boys (who is 10ish) Dopey. This definitely isn't the first time. I've heard her shout across the street "Hey Dopey" before.
She can absolutely say his real name, Colby. We will remind her that his name is Colby and she'll look at us and repeat "Colby" clear as a bell but have an odd expression on her face. Like, are you sure Mom? I'm sure his name is Dopey!
Maybe this is why that family is moving?
Last night Ellie was caught out of bed, again, and was found in the dining room. She was super sneaky quiet since we had thought they were actually asleep. Generally speaking this is Abby's area of perfection... up and down and stalling any which way she can. Ellie generally remains in bed, or at least her room.
So Carie discovers Ellie. Carie takes Ellie back up to her bed and discovers that the blinds were cranked open.
Ellie says, “Mommy, I saw Dopey playing outside”.
For some reason Ellie calls one of the neighbor boys (who is 10ish) Dopey. This definitely isn't the first time. I've heard her shout across the street "Hey Dopey" before.
She can absolutely say his real name, Colby. We will remind her that his name is Colby and she'll look at us and repeat "Colby" clear as a bell but have an odd expression on her face. Like, are you sure Mom? I'm sure his name is Dopey!
Maybe this is why that family is moving?



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home