Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Friend?

Yesterday was a rough day for the girls', Ellie in particular. It was time to crack down on some specific behaviors, undesirable behaviors that have peaked lately.

We have some simple rules... respect each other, talk kindly to each other, be kind to each other, use good listening ears, etc... I focus on these because these are the areas lacking lately. They were a little shocked at our zero tolerance, so we saw some heightened tantrums. But we had some excellent opportunities to talk about things that are important to us. Excellent opportunities to talk about how we all work together as a family.

Abby was all on board, she seemed to get exactly what we were trying to say. Ellie still uses her circular reasoning which leaves us banging our head at times. But in the end, Ellie asked if I could be her friend. So we all hugged, made up, became friends, and went to bed. Today did go much better, so I know she gets it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home