Be Still My Heart
I took Abby & Ellie to get their haircuts yesterday afternoon. While we were there Abby saw something that totally called to her. She goes to check it out and she says...
"Mommy would really like this! Can we get this for Mommy as an I love you present?"
So we talked about it for a bit.
It was really pretty cool. It was really an awesome idea. I asked her some questions, gave her some options, etc... We decided that her great idea would be perfect to execute a little differently than what that shop had to offer. Though now I'm just kicking myself for not just immediately saying YES! Instead I let my stupid logic get in the way.
But we walked across the hall to a really cool corner type store that has all sort of gifty type things... including a case housing a nice selection of Godiva chocolates.
We walked into the store just to browse a bit and she immediately honed in on the truffles. Again, it was 100% her idea. Somehow she knew that Mommy would love them, and she was right. She also found a special treat for herself as well as Ellie & Spencer.
We went back to check on Ellie and when she was done we all went to make our selections.
I was thankful that they had their special Halloween lollipops on the way home since we got stuck in a huge traffic jam. What should have taken 10-15 minutes to get home took us a good 40 minutes. They had the perfect amount of time to totally devour their treats.
When we got home they hopped out of the car and ran to Mommy & Spencer to give them their special treats. They were sure surprised!
I love it when they are so thoughtful and think of doing nice things for others!
"Mommy would really like this! Can we get this for Mommy as an I love you present?"
So we talked about it for a bit.
It was really pretty cool. It was really an awesome idea. I asked her some questions, gave her some options, etc... We decided that her great idea would be perfect to execute a little differently than what that shop had to offer. Though now I'm just kicking myself for not just immediately saying YES! Instead I let my stupid logic get in the way.
But we walked across the hall to a really cool corner type store that has all sort of gifty type things... including a case housing a nice selection of Godiva chocolates.
We walked into the store just to browse a bit and she immediately honed in on the truffles. Again, it was 100% her idea. Somehow she knew that Mommy would love them, and she was right. She also found a special treat for herself as well as Ellie & Spencer.
We went back to check on Ellie and when she was done we all went to make our selections.
I was thankful that they had their special Halloween lollipops on the way home since we got stuck in a huge traffic jam. What should have taken 10-15 minutes to get home took us a good 40 minutes. They had the perfect amount of time to totally devour their treats.
When we got home they hopped out of the car and ran to Mommy & Spencer to give them their special treats. They were sure surprised!
I love it when they are so thoughtful and think of doing nice things for others!
Labels: Abigail



4 Comments:
I can see your proud mama smile beaming from here
This comment has been removed by the author.
What sweet kids you have! I love it!
Your kids are so sweet.
Post a Comment
<< Home