Thursday, August 03, 2006

Prayers

I'm sitting at work doing work stuff and the phone rings. I answer it to find that it is the Open Door Mission calling to check on me. Apparently they haven't heard from me in a long time. That is all nice and she goes on to say... "We were worried about you and wanted to know if there was anything we could pray about for you."

Again, that is all nice. But I was taken off guard. It just seemed like an odd conversation in the middle of my day. If it were my Pastor or any other Church member, I may not have been terribly surprised. But here is this stranger who is worried that they haven't heard from me in a long while (i.e. I haven't donated to them recently) and so they want to pray for me.

In my surprise I said I'm doing good and no thank you.

In hindsight Carie said I should have asked them to pray that the dogs stop peeing on the carpet.

Yes, please pray for the dogs. They need it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home