Saturday, July 15, 2006

The Tales Of Bodily Fluids

We've discovered that our girls are still pukers through and through. When they get sick this is how their body responds. People are always floored by how frequently they puke. For us, it seems to be a way of life.

Although... we have now discovered that Spencer is not a puker. Hooray!!! No bodily fluids from him. The tradeoff is really high temps. Fortunately they were able to be kept under control with the standard Tylenol and Motrin cocktail. We now know how to alternate them effectively if needed. We've never needed to know this before as whatever went in was guaranteed to come out.

High points...

It's 3:30 Saturday morning...
Ellie: Comes to the top of the stairs and is crying and coughing
Carie: Hears Ellie at the top of the stairs and checks on her
Ellie: "I'm throwing up!"
Carie: Quick, to the bathroom
**they do their thing in the bathroom**
Carie goes to clean up what didn't make it to the bathroom.
Ellie: "You can clean up the spotty stuff later Mommy"
Carie: "I'm just cleaning up the chunks so I don't step in them"

At some point in the night I ended up with Spencer who was having yet another night of waking every 1/2 hour. While I was gone Ellie ended up claiming my spot. Might as well, I never made it back to bed. Ellie sleeps in until at least 11:00 AM. She comes wandering out of our room with hair that is really crazy and says to me "I just took a good nap". That was so freaking cute! All day long, when she wasn't sleeping, she would say the funniest things.

Saturday night at bedtime...
We tuck the girls into bed and give each of them buckets "just in case".
Ellie says "I don't need to throw up; I already threw up last year!"
Me: I hope you don't need to throw up again, but this bucket is here just in case.
Ellie: Okay Momma
Abby: "I can't reach the bucket" (which is right next to her but clearly not positioned right)

The after bedtime calls...
Ellie: "Mommy... Mommy... Mommy..."
Carie goes to see what is going on
Ellie: "I didn't throw up Mommy. Will you wipe my nose please?"


Ellie: "Mommy... Mommy... Mommy..."
Carie goes to see what is going on (I'm on deck next)
Ellie: "Mommy we need new water in the vaporizor. I can't see it"
Carie: I put new water in it already. It is already to go for tonight.

Abby: "Mommy... Mommy... Mommy..." (at least they are staying in bed)
My turn... I go and check to see what is up.
Abby: "I was calling for Mommy"
Me: I know, Mommy is resting. I'm here to help, what can I do?
Abby: "No, I need to give Mommy a hug and a kiss."
Me: I would love a hug and a kiss. Could you give me a hug and a kiss?
Abby: "Yes, but I still want to give Mommy a hug and a kiss."
Me: Okay Abby
Ellie: "I wan't a hug and a kiss too."
I give hugs and kisses all around and inform Carie that she is still wanted upstairs.

2 Comments:

Blogger Gandksmom said...

I am soo soo thankful we don't have pukers here. Sorry that Spencer is sick too. On the other hand apparently know one else but Mama (Cheryl) will do here at night. In fact Katie just informed me that she wanted her Mama all to herself tonight! LOL!

1:40 PM, July 17, 2006  
Blogger gabrielle said...

I think our kids have been communicating again, we are in the land of high fevers and puking too, not to mention the 1/2 hrly waking at night from billy with a really high temp. Ang is definately harriets choice of night mummy, last night after I had cleaned up 4 lots of puke she was lying in bed saying 'I neeeeed my mama', thanks sweetie, I'll clean up the mess while mama gets to cuddle you

7:34 AM, July 20, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home