A Normal Day of Play
I love hanging back to watch and listen to the girls play. They really enjoy playing together and more often than not they do a great job of working together and respecting each other.
Last night the girls took all the empty toy bins (yeah, imagine where all the toys were), dump trucks, moving trucks, laundry baskets, everything and anything they could use as "cages" for their animal friends. I wasn't liking much that they were referring to them as cages so we'll explore that another day, for last night I was into watching them play. After their animals were situated in their new homes they collected food with their remaining trucks. As they made their rounds and offered food to their animals, Abby stopped by me and offered me a tomato slice. I gladly accepted it and pretended to eat the tomato slice. Abby watched closely as I ate the slice of tomato and magically made it disappear. She looked at me with an odd look and said "but mom that was a pretend tomato". Oh, was I not supposed to eat it? No, you were supposed to pretend eat it she said and then went on about her business. I gave her the tomato back and she looked at me like I was nuts. They continued taking care of all of their animal friends. I had no idea that Chickens liked peaches! I also loved that when Spencer entered the scene and wanted to play with them that Ellie gladly emptied her food out of the moving truck and gave it to the boy. It was all her idea and she was quite happy with that option, as was Spencer.
Forever are we informed that we need to "shhhh" because they are trying to get their babies to sleep. They are serious about this! If we don't listen we are quickly reprimanded and informed that their babies are trying to sleep. I guess it is only fair since we ask them to "shhhh" when the kids are napping!
Then Carie shared with me a frequent daytime occurrence. Imagine four kiddos, two who recently turned four and two who recently turned 3, playing together amongst tons of toys. Often the toys are piled in the middle of the floor, unfortunately. A common phrase that Carie hears is "I FOUND BABY JESUS". Their level of excitement sounds like it is THE magic find amongst all the toys. I love it!
Last night the girls took all the empty toy bins (yeah, imagine where all the toys were), dump trucks, moving trucks, laundry baskets, everything and anything they could use as "cages" for their animal friends. I wasn't liking much that they were referring to them as cages so we'll explore that another day, for last night I was into watching them play. After their animals were situated in their new homes they collected food with their remaining trucks. As they made their rounds and offered food to their animals, Abby stopped by me and offered me a tomato slice. I gladly accepted it and pretended to eat the tomato slice. Abby watched closely as I ate the slice of tomato and magically made it disappear. She looked at me with an odd look and said "but mom that was a pretend tomato". Oh, was I not supposed to eat it? No, you were supposed to pretend eat it she said and then went on about her business. I gave her the tomato back and she looked at me like I was nuts. They continued taking care of all of their animal friends. I had no idea that Chickens liked peaches! I also loved that when Spencer entered the scene and wanted to play with them that Ellie gladly emptied her food out of the moving truck and gave it to the boy. It was all her idea and she was quite happy with that option, as was Spencer.
Forever are we informed that we need to "shhhh" because they are trying to get their babies to sleep. They are serious about this! If we don't listen we are quickly reprimanded and informed that their babies are trying to sleep. I guess it is only fair since we ask them to "shhhh" when the kids are napping!
Then Carie shared with me a frequent daytime occurrence. Imagine four kiddos, two who recently turned four and two who recently turned 3, playing together amongst tons of toys. Often the toys are piled in the middle of the floor, unfortunately. A common phrase that Carie hears is "I FOUND BABY JESUS". Their level of excitement sounds like it is THE magic find amongst all the toys. I love it!



2 Comments:
Wow... been to the zoo often, have they?
And Baby Jesus? I am missing something...
I had a game when I was younger called "Don't Break the Ice" I know they still make it... anyway, there used to be a little red man sitting in a chair in the middle (now I think it's a polar bear). Anyway, whenever I played, my dad told me that that man was baby jesus and that if I made him fall in the water, he would be very mad and I would go to hell.
Wow... that sounds so mean. I know it didn't sound that mean when he told me. Really. It didn't....
On Baby Jesus...
We have several nativity play sets. When they find Baby Jesus it always seems to be a big and important discovery.
We also have "Don't Break the Ice", thanks to Evan who gifted it to the girls, and it now has a polar bear.
Post a Comment
<< Home