Friday, July 21, 2006

Kick That Virus!

I think we all are starting to feel better. We may even have a healthy weekend. YAY for small miracles!

Carie seemed to come through this one unscathed. Unscathed only by the virus. She was such a great Mommy and a great caregiver that she took it in the shorts in other ways. That sort of healing takes longer than shedding a virus! I didn't get hit too badly. I had some long nights along with Carie and ended up with a touch of the respiratory stuff. Amazing how vulnerable your body becomes when you are up all hours of the night holding and comforting the child/ren housing the virus!

Spencer is leading the pack, as he did with the illness, and now in recovery. They boy is sleeping well again and is his usual happy self. Ellie did catch the upper respiratory stuff as well, but didn't seem to get hit quite as hard. She's got a small lingering cough that we hope is gone soon too. Abby though ended up with a good dose of the respiratory stuff. Poor girl sounds like she's hacking up a lung, or two. Thankfully the cough medicine is helping quiet the cough and make her comfortable. Unfortunately though, her excessive drainage found its way to her ears and decided to form an infection that woke her in pain Wednesday night. Of course this is in the ear that has no tube. Thankfully the tube that is in place is working! We shouldn't be all that surprised. Abby has a long history of ear troubles. I had just wished she'd outgrow them. Instead, this is looking more favorable for another round of tubes.

Sometimes people look at us like we must be doing something wrong. Somehow we are throwing our kids in front of the virus hoping it will stick. Yep, our kids get sick a lot it seems. Though after talking with the Ped and other parents, we are reminded that it is pretty normal for kids to get sick. Our Ped fully expected to see us more often with Spencer being such a young guy and the girls' being the age they are and involved in school, etc... Not the best of combinations in this sense. And really, what are we to do... ignore it? Life stops when the wee ones are sick. You hang back, kick the virus, regroup, and move on.

I’m looking forward to a weekend of recovery. We definitely need to heal the mind, body, and soul.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was sick all the time as a kid. Respiratory problems every winter, even ended up in the hospital for pneumonia when I was 4. But thankfully, I outgrew it as I got my body healthy in my teens and today I hardly ever get sick.

Hopefully they'll outgrow this sooner than their teens :-)

3:40 PM, July 21, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site...
» » »

7:21 AM, August 29, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home