More Swim Lessons
Another successful night of swim lessons under our belt. Both Abby & Ellie are jazzed about their swim lessons. Last night they had a "boy" (gasp and giggles by the little girls) helping their primary teacher.
After class I was in the locker room with the girls getting showered and changed. Abby and I have the following conversation...
Abby: I was nervous
Me: Are you still nervous or are you okay now?
Abby: I'm okay now
Me: What were you nervous about?
Abby: I was nervous about jumping in the pool
Me: That is a pretty big thing to do; I can see why you'd be nervous. I saw you jump and you did such a great job jumping to your teacher.
Abby: Grins
Me: Do you think you'll be nervous next time?
Abby: No
We had just come upstairs from the locker room when Abby announced that she needed to go to the restroom. Carie and Abby head back in while the rest of us got loaded in the van.
On our way home Carie says she has something cute/funny to tell me. Sounds like she and Abby had the same conversation. Only that time Abby used the word worried.
We will talk about it as the week goes on. Hopefully she's feeling as confident next week at the start of class as she was this week at the completion of class.
Ellie, again, had zero concerns about jumping in. I missed it, again. But Carie said that the teacher had motioned to Ellie to hold up until she was ready for her. Hopefully in the next 6 weeks I can figure out the timing so I can watch them jump and still be down and ready to receive at the end of class.
After class I was in the locker room with the girls getting showered and changed. Abby and I have the following conversation...
Abby: I was nervous
Me: Are you still nervous or are you okay now?
Abby: I'm okay now
Me: What were you nervous about?
Abby: I was nervous about jumping in the pool
Me: That is a pretty big thing to do; I can see why you'd be nervous. I saw you jump and you did such a great job jumping to your teacher.
Abby: Grins
Me: Do you think you'll be nervous next time?
Abby: No
We had just come upstairs from the locker room when Abby announced that she needed to go to the restroom. Carie and Abby head back in while the rest of us got loaded in the van.
On our way home Carie says she has something cute/funny to tell me. Sounds like she and Abby had the same conversation. Only that time Abby used the word worried.
We will talk about it as the week goes on. Hopefully she's feeling as confident next week at the start of class as she was this week at the completion of class.
Ellie, again, had zero concerns about jumping in. I missed it, again. But Carie said that the teacher had motioned to Ellie to hold up until she was ready for her. Hopefully in the next 6 weeks I can figure out the timing so I can watch them jump and still be down and ready to receive at the end of class.
Labels: Kid Activities



3 Comments:
Ah, swimming lessons. We're in the middle of them ourselves. Sydney sounds a lot like Ellie - not a care in the world. And like Ellie, Sydney has to be reminded to wait her turn. LOL! It's so funny to watch her wiggle and squirm just waiting to jump in.
Hi, your kids are very cute!
Well done to both girls, a huge achievement :-)
Post a Comment
<< Home