First Grade Field Trip
I forgot to mention that Abby & Ellie had a school field trip... oh; it would have been about a week and a half ago by now. Their field trip was on Friday and Grandpa & Yia Yia arrived on Saturday. Seriously, the week-ish leading up to their visit feels like a blur and their week and a half visit feels like a blur.
This was the first time that both Carie and I were able to go on a school field trip... together. It was so awesome! In the past one of us has always gone. But this was the first time that all the little kids were old enough and we were free enough (of kid responsibilities) to make it happen.
The girls have always ended up together in the same small group for things like this, so they've both always been able to be with the parent who was able to go. But it was really cool for us to be able to go together and for the girls to have both of us there.
It was also cool for Spencer who got to have a special play date with some very good friends of ours. These friends are so great! They are always willing to step up and help us out with anything. The kids get along incredibly well, which makes it extra nice that they got a chance to be together. It was so cool to be able to have this all come together like it did.
So, where did we go for the field trip? We went to Gifford Farm! I know I have pictures. I'm certain that they are still on the camera, which is unusual for me. What I really ought to do is take a picture of the books they made after their field trip. Abby's book had us laughing so hard! Since we were there we knew exactly what part of the field trip she was referring to. So so funny!
Another great thing that happened was that we opted to take the van with us. We seriously though about taking the car because it seemed more responsible. We had previously mentioned to another parent that we'd be happy to carpool since it was a fair distance to the farm. Even so, the three of us could have fit comfortably in the car. But I'm glad we took the van! After arriving at school we discovered that help was needed to transport some items to the farm. The bus was packed with students, teachers, and some parents. There is one student who had a wheelchair for the field trip and they hadn't planned out how they were going to get the wheel chair to the farm. Typically the student uses a walker, but with the specifics of the field trip a wheel chair was optimal. And the wheel chair didn't fold down! I'm so glad we had our van with us and I'm so glad we had already cleaned it out in preparation for our airport trip (with 7 people and luggage) the next day! We were able to easily fit the wheelchair and all 3 huge lunch tubs in the van... along with Carie, myself, the other parent, and 3 car seats. I'm so glad we were able to help and the teachers seemed quite appreciative, which is always nice!
At any rate, their first field trip of 1st Grade is in the books and it was a great experience for all. I don't know when or where the next field trip will be. But I do know about the classroom parties since I get to be the chairperson for the 1st grade class. It will be fun working with the teachers and parents to plan these events.
This was the first time that both Carie and I were able to go on a school field trip... together. It was so awesome! In the past one of us has always gone. But this was the first time that all the little kids were old enough and we were free enough (of kid responsibilities) to make it happen.
The girls have always ended up together in the same small group for things like this, so they've both always been able to be with the parent who was able to go. But it was really cool for us to be able to go together and for the girls to have both of us there.
It was also cool for Spencer who got to have a special play date with some very good friends of ours. These friends are so great! They are always willing to step up and help us out with anything. The kids get along incredibly well, which makes it extra nice that they got a chance to be together. It was so cool to be able to have this all come together like it did.
So, where did we go for the field trip? We went to Gifford Farm! I know I have pictures. I'm certain that they are still on the camera, which is unusual for me. What I really ought to do is take a picture of the books they made after their field trip. Abby's book had us laughing so hard! Since we were there we knew exactly what part of the field trip she was referring to. So so funny!
Another great thing that happened was that we opted to take the van with us. We seriously though about taking the car because it seemed more responsible. We had previously mentioned to another parent that we'd be happy to carpool since it was a fair distance to the farm. Even so, the three of us could have fit comfortably in the car. But I'm glad we took the van! After arriving at school we discovered that help was needed to transport some items to the farm. The bus was packed with students, teachers, and some parents. There is one student who had a wheelchair for the field trip and they hadn't planned out how they were going to get the wheel chair to the farm. Typically the student uses a walker, but with the specifics of the field trip a wheel chair was optimal. And the wheel chair didn't fold down! I'm so glad we had our van with us and I'm so glad we had already cleaned it out in preparation for our airport trip (with 7 people and luggage) the next day! We were able to easily fit the wheelchair and all 3 huge lunch tubs in the van... along with Carie, myself, the other parent, and 3 car seats. I'm so glad we were able to help and the teachers seemed quite appreciative, which is always nice!
At any rate, their first field trip of 1st Grade is in the books and it was a great experience for all. I don't know when or where the next field trip will be. But I do know about the classroom parties since I get to be the chairperson for the 1st grade class. It will be fun working with the teachers and parents to plan these events.
Labels: 1st Grade



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home