First Loose Tooth
We have our first loose tooth in the house.
Ellie has been lobbying for a few weeks now that she has a loose tooth. Every time we check the tooth of the day, it isn't at all loose.
Abby has the first loose tooth and unfortunately it didn't come about naturally. Somehow her mouth met the counter and knocked it loose this afternoon... just as I was out buying corn on the cob for dinner. It is clear that it is coming out soon. How, I don't know. Abby thinks it would be cool to lose it on the 2nd day of 1st grade. It would be a miracle if it didn't come out before then.
Her Dentist would like to see her so we'll soon get his opinion on how things look. Ultimately I don't think it is a big deal and I kind of hope that he pulls it... it is that loose. It is clear that she is not interested in having us pull it! She just turned 6 and ultimately I'd presume that if it were going to fall out on its own, it would do so in the relatively near future.
What I really hope is that this isn't the baby tooth that doesn't have a permanent tooth behind it! This really is my biggest worry. Carie and I are pretty sure it isn't, but neither of us can remember for certain. I'm not ready to deal with that, but when does parenting give us things that we are ready to deal with?
Ellie has been lobbying for a few weeks now that she has a loose tooth. Every time we check the tooth of the day, it isn't at all loose.
Abby has the first loose tooth and unfortunately it didn't come about naturally. Somehow her mouth met the counter and knocked it loose this afternoon... just as I was out buying corn on the cob for dinner. It is clear that it is coming out soon. How, I don't know. Abby thinks it would be cool to lose it on the 2nd day of 1st grade. It would be a miracle if it didn't come out before then.
Her Dentist would like to see her so we'll soon get his opinion on how things look. Ultimately I don't think it is a big deal and I kind of hope that he pulls it... it is that loose. It is clear that she is not interested in having us pull it! She just turned 6 and ultimately I'd presume that if it were going to fall out on its own, it would do so in the relatively near future.
What I really hope is that this isn't the baby tooth that doesn't have a permanent tooth behind it! This really is my biggest worry. Carie and I are pretty sure it isn't, but neither of us can remember for certain. I'm not ready to deal with that, but when does parenting give us things that we are ready to deal with?



1 Comments:
ugh. I'm not looking forward to the tooth thing.
Post a Comment
<< Home