Impossible
It feels incredibly impossible to capture a picture of all three of our kids... together... as in the same picture... all cooperating... and looking remotely in the same direction... and all happy or even silly. Obviously I'm asking for too much. I just would like one picture.
We had the girls 4 1/2 year pics taken along with our holiday pics taken two weeks ago. That very well could have been one of our most difficult picture experiences to date. Though, I'm sure I’ve long forgotten about how difficult the girls were at his age. Then, to top it off, the girls were uncooperative as well. They weren't all out upset and unwilling to be in the pose like Spencer was, but they were being incredibly ornery. All said and done we walked away with the best of the worst and called it a day. It is what it is and I'm not going to push and make everyone miserable.
We thought we were done until the prints of the girls’ poses weren't acceptable and we've been dealing with reprints for two weeks now. I just returned from looking at the 3rd set of reprints and they are a no go. We've only had positive experiences from this studio and now I feel like they aren't handling this situation the best they can. I'll be calling and speaking with the manager after I take a few more deep breaths. I'm okay with re-taking the photos of the girls. Again, the shots were decent but we most definitely aren't losing the best pictures ever. I'm mostly just disappointed in how this has been handled.
Then this weekend we made a special trip to see Santa. They had visited Santa once already on one of those spur of the moment stops while we were already at the mall and there were no lines. But this trip to see Santa was part of our dedicated day of family fun. We went to a mall we generally don't go to. Last year we discovered that this mall has a very respectable looking Santa with some really nice, non-cheesy and non 1970's, decorations. As a bonus, minimal lines and no waiting. Go figure!
So we arrive, locate Santa, and get in line. We are next and ready to see the jolly red guy until Ellie declares "I have to go potty and I can't hold it much longer". So off to the potty they go. They return and we reclaim a spot in line. Again, minimal lines and minimal waiting. All is going well UNTIL Santa has to go feed his reindeer. Understandably Santa needs a break, but frustrating still. Thank goodness we were all laid back, no agenda, no pressure, just going with the flow.
The attendant told us we could leave our stuff in line and walk around, so we do. This mall also has an incredibly cool pond in the middle of it which draws our kids to it like a magnet. I then try and get some pics of our kids around the pond, around the beautiful holiday decorations, etc... But again, the children are not interested in meeting my needs. Still slightly frustrated from the likely outcome, I haven't downloaded those pics to see if we have any winners.
I give... if only I could grow up and really just do so.
We had the girls 4 1/2 year pics taken along with our holiday pics taken two weeks ago. That very well could have been one of our most difficult picture experiences to date. Though, I'm sure I’ve long forgotten about how difficult the girls were at his age. Then, to top it off, the girls were uncooperative as well. They weren't all out upset and unwilling to be in the pose like Spencer was, but they were being incredibly ornery. All said and done we walked away with the best of the worst and called it a day. It is what it is and I'm not going to push and make everyone miserable.
We thought we were done until the prints of the girls’ poses weren't acceptable and we've been dealing with reprints for two weeks now. I just returned from looking at the 3rd set of reprints and they are a no go. We've only had positive experiences from this studio and now I feel like they aren't handling this situation the best they can. I'll be calling and speaking with the manager after I take a few more deep breaths. I'm okay with re-taking the photos of the girls. Again, the shots were decent but we most definitely aren't losing the best pictures ever. I'm mostly just disappointed in how this has been handled.
Then this weekend we made a special trip to see Santa. They had visited Santa once already on one of those spur of the moment stops while we were already at the mall and there were no lines. But this trip to see Santa was part of our dedicated day of family fun. We went to a mall we generally don't go to. Last year we discovered that this mall has a very respectable looking Santa with some really nice, non-cheesy and non 1970's, decorations. As a bonus, minimal lines and no waiting. Go figure!
So we arrive, locate Santa, and get in line. We are next and ready to see the jolly red guy until Ellie declares "I have to go potty and I can't hold it much longer". So off to the potty they go. They return and we reclaim a spot in line. Again, minimal lines and minimal waiting. All is going well UNTIL Santa has to go feed his reindeer. Understandably Santa needs a break, but frustrating still. Thank goodness we were all laid back, no agenda, no pressure, just going with the flow.
The attendant told us we could leave our stuff in line and walk around, so we do. This mall also has an incredibly cool pond in the middle of it which draws our kids to it like a magnet. I then try and get some pics of our kids around the pond, around the beautiful holiday decorations, etc... But again, the children are not interested in meeting my needs. Still slightly frustrated from the likely outcome, I haven't downloaded those pics to see if we have any winners.
I give... if only I could grow up and really just do so.
Labels: Photos



1 Comments:
How utterly aggravating! I've been anxiously awaiting your always beautiful portraits and hope you get it all straightened out soon.
mel
Post a Comment
<< Home