Monday, December 18, 2006

Christmas Is Upon Us

The girls had their first Christmas party of the season at school today. From all accounts it looks like tons of fun was had by all. Being a Christian based preschool, they did a great job of celebrating the season and honoring the birth of Jesus. I've actually got a few ideas I'd like to run by Carie to incorporate some new traditions into our family celebration.

The girls are counting down the days. They are beyond excited for Christmas and the anticipation of Santa's visit. They are planning out all the details of what we need to do to prepare for Santa's visit. Spencer is still a bit oblivious to the whole deal. Sure he says Santa, he's interested in the tree, the lights, and all the presents. But he doesn't get it yet. Just like the girls, I'm sure his excitement and understanding will grow more and more each year.

Carie and I are also excited and feeling rather ready, a first for us. We keep saying that we have just a few more things to do. Every day it is just a few more things to do. In reality, there really are just a few more things to do. But I'd love to be able to say we are done! As soon as the last packages arrive in the mail, we'll get them wrapped and be done. Hopefully. But I'm terrible about calling it quits. I always come up with something (see above) that sounds great and thus continues our preparation.

It is wonderful to feel on top of the game, to feel the joy and happiness of the season rather than the typical stressors of the season. For this I am grateful.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Casey said...

Congrats for being almost ready!! We, too, are right there with you - only need to wrap everything and then we are done. For us, the wrapping is a fun event in and of itself. After the kids go to bed, we pour eggnog, flip on a Christmas movie and sit on the floor to wrap. It's like a pre-Christmas Christmas for us. :)

Just a few more days until the big day is here!

9:47 PM, December 19, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm SO JEALOUS!!! i'm still MAKING gifts and won't be done painting until friday. I'm so jealous! I want to relax and enjoy and next year I will dangit! Maggie's christmas program is friday then we can relax a bit.
hugs to you and merry xmas
rae

1:19 PM, December 20, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home