Thursday, January 24, 2008

Saw It Coming

We totally saw it coming and there wasn't a dang thing we could do about it.

The kids have been moody, moody, moody, and moody. Spencer was especially pleasant to be around on Tuesday. He's had goop in his eyes for days, but we just thought he had a cold in his eye. It was just a little bit of goopy stuff in the corner that he was easily able to remove periodically. We knew something was going on but we didn't yet know what it was.


Finally by Wednesday we had something to go on. They boy has pink eye even though we were certain that he didn't. As the hours progressed his eyes became horrific looking. He also has an ear infection in the ear that still has the tube in. Oh, and the ear tube is blocked. Oddly, but thankfully, the ear that is tube free is looking great. Ellie's deal is still a mystery and one that we all (teacher including) are trying to uncover. Abby is mostly just fine, well except the large goose egg on her head from landing head first into her footboard last night. Oddly the previous night she joined Spencer in the effort of keeping Mommy awake all night long.

I guess I can be grateful that all this came about when it did. Hopefully everyone will be on the mend and we can still leave tomorrow morning. Carie, in her extreme sleep deprivation state, was so bummed yesterday because she thought we wouldn't be able to go. I was a bit worried as well! But I really think it will all work out just fine.

Carie's mom is here! We all picked her up at the airport last night. The kids were beyond excited. It was so fun to see Spencer run down the ramp to her. The girls were acting shy like they were in disbelief that she was actually here. When we got home, at bedtime (!!!), they were all amped up and ready to show her everything they own. Finally we all got settled in for the night.

Honestly it really hasn't sunk in yet that we are leaving tomorrow. There is still so much to do between now and then!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Tracey said...

I may not get to talk to you, but I am SO excited about your trip and I hope you and Carie have a wonderful time being grown ups and NOT PARENTS together!!!

6:59 PM, January 24, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home